Re: [TenTec] QST April Article

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] QST April Article
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 10:25:33 -0600
It may not be available initially.  There has been some discussion on
the 7800 group at Yahoo that Icom is "looking" at how best to do it.

It is unclear, but if it's not in the initial release, then it may be
necessary for early adopters to ship the radio off to get the feature --
can't download the download update until you can download .. so to
speak.

Grant/NQ5T

> yes you can update the software, look on the back there is a rj45;
and
> in the operator's manual, which is on the web, they talk about the
ip
> address.
>
> AND THAT AD  ... IS SAD  ...
>
> I hope that ad is from a Japanese ad agency, then there MIGHT
be an
> available excuse in a cultural difference.
>

> >Bernard,
> >
> >Doesn't look like it.  It does have a slot for a compact flash card,
> >but this is for transferring settings I think.  I have not seen
> >anything about updates that way.
> >
> >Dick, N5XRD
> >

> >>     I read the ad rather carefully, but couldn't determine if you
> >>     could
> >>update the Icom's software over the net like you can the Orion.
> >>Anyone know if that is possible?  If not, I would say that the
Orion