[TenTec] ditsnbits?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] ditsnbits?
From: Martin Ewing <martin@aa6e.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 08:52:44 -0500
Couple of questions to the group about TT's Orion firmware support.

1 - I have submitted a couple of bug reports to ditsnbits@tentec.com, but there has never been any acknowledgement or reply. Is that everyone's experience, or is it just me?

The latest way to kill your Orion (365-AT, 1.369): Send a "*TT0" (Antenna tuner off) command. And, "*TTT" (start tune cycle) is a NO-OP. Does TT do regression testing on firmware before releasing? Or is that the user's job? :-)

2 - The RFSquared web has a "Known Issues with Orion Firmware" entry that was last updated on 3/28/2003. Wouldn't you like to have an up-to-date list? I sure would. Have they no shame?

The updates do seem to keep coming out: good. But since I got my Orion (seems like forever, but it came just 5 weeks ago), I have not heard peep from TT itself, except in the order-taking department.

3 - Is there a "developers" mailing list for folks who are interested in Orion programming?

Inquiring minds...

73, Martin, AA6E