Re: [TenTec] IC 7800/FT2000D/TenTec-?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] IC 7800/FT2000D/TenTec-?
From: "Eric F. Richards" <efricha@dimensional.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 06:44:01 -0700
At 04:45 PM 3/16/2004 -1000, you wrote:
[...]  Best one for me on my
340 is the ability to frequency lock the master LO to
the GPS systems via the "surplus" hp cell site rcvr's
now on the market for a few hundres $'s.  Wish the
Orion had that feature,  for example.

Hi, Jim, et. al., at the risk of being pompous and arrogant, I'll pat myself on the back for pointing out these GPS disciplined oscillators to the group.

I just got my "Certificate of Participation" for the
November Frequency Measuring Test -- I was 0.3 Hz off
on the 80 meter signal, for an error of 0.08 ppm.

For the 40 meter signal, I was way off at 3 Hz with
an error of 0.44 ppm.

This was harder than it seemed, because of the low
frequency AF cutoff, I had to match beat tones on
either side of the signal and interpolate.

Anyway I was pleased to get some HF "wallpaper" as
a Tech.

73,

Eric, KB0YDN

73, Jim KH7M