Re: [TenTec] The problem with directly end fed wires

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] The problem with directly end fed wires
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 21:17:35 -0600
Stuart is absolutely correct on this one.  Additionally the end fed wire
does require a very good ground system to be effective.  And three or four
driven ground rods do not a good ground system make.  Several hundred feet
of buried copper as random length radials does make for a good ground
system.

I still stand on the position that a center fed wire of any length, fed with
a balanced feed from a tuner will perform best as an all band configuration.
If it is reasonably well balanced, no RF in the shack will exist, with or
without a ground.

73
Bob, K4TAX