Re: [TenTec] BPL Update

To: johnclif@ix.netcom.com, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] BPL Update
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 17:39:03 -1000
Hi John,

What you have said makes sense, because you are using logic. Reading the BPL industry's comments, it is clear that they are quite immune to reason and logic, and are in complete denial that there is anything wrong with their product concept. Worse still they suggest that the success of their venture is more important than continued utility of the HF spectrum for wireless use.

John Clifford wrote:

It looks like the future will see widespread rollout of BPL. I wonder if
there will be reason for widespread complaints filed by amateurs, and how
quickly the response to correct the problems will be (and that quickness is
a real problem because if they only have to be as responsive as they are
concerning ordinary power line interference then we're in trouble).

Yes this is the problem. When have you ever seen a interference problem from a part 15 device solved quickly, except for when it was your part 15 device in your house?

DE N6KB