Re: [TenTec] Corsair II warble

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II warble
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 12:39:04 -0500
Bob....

Alan has a good point. If you look at the schematic of the Corsair, you will
find the xtal mixing scheme used for each band. There may be some
possibility for you to replace the xtals for the 'bad' bands with more
stable xtals...along with some temperature compensating capacitors in each
band's circuit. It could possibly provide you with the stability your
looking for in that rig. You also might think about really cleaning the
contacts on the band switch really good as with age, those switch contacts
do tend to get 'dirty'.

But isn't it also true that AFC in most PSK programs will easily handle the
present drift you are experiencing?

Tom - W4BQF