Re: [TenTec] Finally got a Omni VI+ now I need a CW Elmer

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Finally got a Omni VI+ now I need a CW Elmer
From: "Tony Martin W4FOA" <w4foa@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 06:24:22 -0500
Ronnie and Rick,

Not to debate the issue, but I have heard folks make the statement they can
send faster than they can receive.  I guess I'm just old and confused, but
for some reason, I can't seem to understand how that is possible....it is
not important, but just something that confuses this OF.

A couple of other things I did mean to mention to Ronnie but they escaped my
memory whilst writing my note to him...I would strongly suggest two things,
one of which is a controversial/hot button for some but one I strongly
believe in.  That is, if not too late, DO NOT learn to use the Iambic
method....I really don't want to get into a debate on this issue and will
simply state my opinion that the disadvantages of learning only Iambic FAR
outnumber any advantage (IMHO).

Secondly, if you are going to be a serious contester, I highly recommend you
start with a computer logging system...I don't do any serious contesting
anymore, and therefore I still use the pencil/paper log (a real millstone
around one's neck).  I can't recommend any contest/logging programs but I
know there are many out there that are great...and some that would work
nicely with your new Omni 6+, I'm sure.

Ronnie, I would be happy to share the reasons for my feelings on the Iambic
issue with you directly, if you so desire.  Just let me know....

Again, sincere best wishes....until our paths cross on the bands, 73
Tony, W4FOA