Re: [TenTec] Re: 'Iambic' keying

To: Alfred Lorona <w6wqc@dslextreme.com>, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re: 'Iambic' keying
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 20:40:51 -1000

The key levers? Well, they are simply dual lever or dual paddle keys. But
not, strictly speaking, iambic.

Hi Al,

You're right about the paddles not being iambic. You do need a dual lever or dual paddle key to use the iambic function of an iambic keyer. With a single lever key you can still send with a iambic keyer, just not iambically. I know of no other reason (except Ultimatic mode, or maybe greater adjustment flexibility) to have a dual lever key. So I think it is sort of a natural evolution of language that people tend to call dual paddle keys "iambic".

Ken N6KB