Re: [TenTec] 450 Ohm feedline tuners

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 450 Ohm feedline tuners
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 08:04:06 -0500
As to components, Tentec has a  selection of nice roller inductors, and
variable caps.  They also have nice enclosures.

As to circuit configurations, the L network does a good job in most all
applications and Z's, plus will have ONLY one set of values that will
provide a correct match and requires only 1 variable C.

For a balanced tuner, a choke balun used on the input made of a short
section or RG-213 and 14 of the FB-77-1024 beads along with two roller
inductors with a common drive and one variable C, switchable across the
output or the input, depending on Z required to match, is all that is
necessary.

73
Bob, K4TAX