[TenTec] [Orion] Microphone connections

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] [Orion] Microphone connections
From: "Bill Lathan" <ak5k@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 16:18:38 -0500
Although Ten-Tec indicates a possibility of RF getting into the rig if the
microphone shell is not connected ot the shield of the microphone cable, I'm
curious as to whether this is seen as a real-life problem. I have invested in
some Heil equipment that I use with my Jupiter, the Pro Set Plus, for example,
that causes no problem with the Jupiter, but if Ten-Tec is to be believed, I
must not use that headset with the Orion without kludging the connectors.
Likewise with the CC-1 with the footswitch connection that Heil sells that can
be connected to the Studio One microphone. I don't want to mess up my new
radio, but at the same time, I don't want to waste my investment either. Or
perhaps I should take advantage of the 30 day return policy and get a radio
that uses an 8-pin connector that precludes these problems.

TIA,

Bill, AK5K