Re: [TenTec] Orion Jupiter mic connections

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Jupiter mic connections
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 19:56:02 -0500
If one is gonna do this then I want an AES/EBU input.  That way I can forget
all the other crap and be pure digital.

Unbalanced, if done correctly, WORKS.  If it doesn't work, it's not correct!
No isolation is required.  I've dealt with unbalanced INs and OUTs and
balanced INs and OUTs in a professional environment for more years than most
have been hams.

Isolation transformers are a true invitation for hum being induced.  What
was experienced in this situation is a simple case of "ground loops".

73
Bob, K4TAX