Re: [TenTec] Ad in AES Catalog...

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ad in AES Catalog...
From: Don Rasmussen <wb8yqj@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 11:53:36 -0700 (PDT)
>>> Unless I've counted incorrectly, my Orion is a
>>> veritable desert at only 72 controls on the front
>>> panel.

That's plenty of controls but you are missing the big
picture. That radio also weighs in at over fifty
pounds.

You need to multiply the number of front panel
controls by the weight of the radio in Kgs to compute
the Gross Operational Density. Divide that by the cost
(in Yen) and you get the DCV (density compensated
value).

The 7800 is World Class in this respect, the new Yaesu
should be even better (from the photo).  8-)