Re: [TenTec] Ad in AES Catalog...

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ad in AES Catalog...
From: Duane Grotophorst <n9dg@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:01:05 -0700 (PDT)
--- Bill Rowlett <kc4atu@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Why point at the map, with the proper control
> software, your radio now will
> tune to the latest cluster spot, and your beam will
> be on the correct heading.

I've never understood why so many think that
interfacing their radios to the DX clusters spots is
such a crowning achievement of ham radio DXing and
shack design. To me if the DX appears on a cluster it
is already to late. I want my radio to help me find
the new DX *first*, - before anyone else does. That is
what drives the kind of computer integration with my
RF gear that I seek. So I'm therefore willing to
unleash some pretty serious computing power to do
that, but it must however be operating independent of
of any outside information. I simply prefer finding DX
by using equipment that is wholly contained within my
shack, using DX spotting nets, Internet or otherwise
is not.

Duane
N9DG