Re: [TenTec] Transverters

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Transverters
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 19:34:25 -0500
Down East Microwave puts them all to shame.  Of course it will damage your
bank account a wee bit more.  There was some discussion about Elecraft
having some agreement with DEM to make transverters for their boxes.  I
don't recall the outcome.

On the other hand, I have a Tentec 2M transverter and find that it generally
works well.  It does not perform well in high RF fields where lots of
commercial VHF signals are present.  It is blessed with IM due to front-end
overload.  NF is not great, of course I look for NF numbers in the 0.3dB
range.  All in all, it is a good simple interface thus allowing one to get
on VHF easily.  Also, it is a neat kit to build.

73
Bob, K4TAX