[TenTec] RF problems in the shack using Argo V

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] RF problems in the shack using Argo V
From: Dave Perrin <dbp@tds.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 22:01:50 -0400
Hi-
I have a friend who had run an OMNI C for years into a variety of folded dipoles in his attic with no problems. He uses either an LDG tuner or a TT 100 Watt tuner.
Recently he has upgraded to an Argonaut V and since has had lots of RF problems in the shack as well as not being able to tune the antennas...depending sometimes on rain.
We have checked the station ground and shortened it. All the equipment goes to a single ground. We have checked all the coax for opens and Hi Resistance to ground.
The coax cable interconnections are not "new" lengths of coax, but have never seen the weather.
I have never used an "artificial ground" device, is this a good candidate?
Any ideas?

73 de dave in NH