Re: [TenTec] Corsair II Receive

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II Receive
From: DJ5IL@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 03:36:14 EDT
David,

> Hello All I have a Corsair II that the 160M
> Recieve falls off at the lower edge of the band
> Example:
> 1.9 mhz signal S9 same signal 1.825 S 3 but every
> thing above 1.9mhz seems ok to  2.0Mhz.
> My thinking is that the band pass filter must be out
> of adjusment. So I take the covers off take a lookey
> And none of the adjustments are labeled to what band.
> and further more nothing in my manual (Reproduction)
> So Is anyone here familiar with this? if so I sure
> could use some help.
> Thanks All
> 73's
> David KR4OW

... the bandpass filters (assy. #80976) are used both on receive and on
transmit. Check the TX output power into a dummy-load on every band.
If the CII supplies full power on 160m with identical setting of the "Drive"
control compared to other bands, the bandpass filter is properly adjusted
and not the reason for the described misbehaviour. In that case, it is most
likely that the double-tuned resonant circuit for 160m on the oscillator
mixer board (assy #80975) needs readjustment. Refer to the CII manual
for location of the board and adjust L4/L5 for maximum RX signal strength.

73
Karl, DJ5IL