[TenTec] Re: New Yaesu $10 K HF

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Re: New Yaesu $10 K HF
From: John Rippey <w3uls@3n.net>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 14:43:48 -0400
AC5E wrote that the Hallicrafters S-38 was an optimal easy-to-use, operator-friendly rig. My experience with an S-40B was similar, and it was attractive in appearance as well.

My vote for a successor in this genre probably would be the Jupiter--going by the video Ten-Tec offers. It has everything that one needs readily at hand and is commendably straightforward to operate, even though the sophistication is light years ahead of the S-40B. The Jupiter's receiver is somewhat stressed in crowded band conditions, judging by reviews I've seen.

If only George at INRAD would offer a front-end mod (new roofing filter) for the Jupiter. Now that would be a public service! Even so, an appealing offering.

73,
John, W3ULS