Re: [TenTec] Orion upgrade what am I doing wrong

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion upgrade what am I doing wrong
From: "Thomas Uhlman" <tuhlman@kimbanet.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 07:30:44 -0400
I would say you have something wrong with your OS....  Why would it be
looking for a CFG file??

I am running win98se and downloaded this update and executed it FB....  The
only issues I had updating the Orion was with the serial port... Of course I
was using a serial port extension cord of unknown origin so I ended up
having to move the radio to get it connected to the computer....  Also in
the normal course of this type of business, I disabled my anti-virus
software, my firewall, and any other software that was running in the
background.... It upgraded successfully....

So getting back you your problem, it sounds like there is something buggy
with your OS, or you may have picked up a virus or something of that
nature....  Or maybe you have some software running in the background that
the TT software doesn't like....  Try shutting down all background software
first.......

de Tom NJ1K