Re: [TenTec] Orion Notes, High/Low Cut

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Notes, High/Low Cut
From: w4tje <w4tje@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 07:20:36 -0400
They don't change, other than the normal bandwidth change made by tightening up the filter. But when I then push in and hold the high/low knob, the receiver sound is dramatic.
Here's another example: bw is set to 2900. i then tighten high cut to 2200. the receiver action of reducing the bw to 2200 is noticeable. But then by pushing in and holding high cut knob for a second or so, the receiver really gets quiet on the high end. And nothing else has changed on the scree with regard to rit, or pbt.
Jack W4TJE