Re: [TenTec] Download vs Norton

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Download vs Norton
From: K4IA@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 08:19:18 EDT
I had Norton AV running.  I had some problems I don't think were AV related.

First, the install said it could not communicate with my radio.  I had been
running a logging program with rig control but that had been closed before I
tried the upgrade.  Rebooting both fixed the communication problem.  I guess
the
rig control had not completely released the com port.

Then the install program said the update was not for Pegasus (?)

Tried again and it recognized the Orion.

Then the install hung up two or three times with about ten lines of code left
to go.

Finally, it installed completely and is working fine.

Radio k4ia
"Buck"
Fredericksburg, Virginia USA