[TenTec] Orion QSK

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion QSK
From: "Steve Ellington" <N4LQ@igLou.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 12:24:02 -0000
I managed to get the upgrade running. Had to close several programs.
Probably some junk I picked up on the net! Got the Orion upgraded.
First thing I noticed was how smooth the keying is now in the sidetone. The
high freq. clicking is gone and the characters are no longer choppy. Sounds
beautiful. Only downside now is total lack of QSK. Now it sounds like VOX
keying. Yes, it's pretty fast but you sure can't hear between dits or even
dahs now even with CW QSK delay set to 0......Interesting!

Steve
N4LQ