[TenTec] Loop antennas

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Loop antennas
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 13:22:41 +0000
Don,

I found most of the information I used for my type of loop antenna at the ARRL Technical Info.
Service webpage on loops. You don't say what kind of loop antenna you are interested in.
Did you know by "loop" you can be referring to quads, small rx loops, large wire transmit loops both horizontal and vertical (each a big topic) as well as small squalo type loops for VHF+? Multi-element yagi style loops for above 900 MHz could be considered loop antennas.

Anyway, I assume since you are asking the Ten-Tec list you mean large HF wire loops for transmitting as well as receiving. There is no "book" devoted to this alone as far as I know, but the list of articles in the TIS page are great for starters as they have practical information.

http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/Loop-H.html

Rob/K5UJ