[TenTec] The great Omni V birdie hunt

To: "TenTec List (E-mail)" <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] The great Omni V birdie hunt
From: "Rick Williams" <rick.williams@telus.net>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 13:09:13 -0700
All this talk about birdies in the Omni VI got me motivated.  I decided to
take the tools on Barry's (N1EU) site and try applying them to the birdie
filled Omni V.  I have put together a write up of what I tried on my
website.  The results have not been great BUT at least I got rid of the
birdie on 14.195!!!  The next time the Omni V.9 is out of the rack I think
I'll place torroids on ALL the remaining cables exiting from the logic
board.

If any on the reflector have had success reducing the number and magnitude
of the birdies I'd love to hear from you!  Suggestions welcome!

73,
Rick
VE7TK / VE7ASR

Website:  http://www3.telus.net/ve7tk