Re: [TenTec] computer CW my Argonaut V???

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] computer CW my Argonaut V???
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 20:10:40 -0500
That is correct.  A pure tone generates a pure carrier.  Turn the tone on
and off at the correct rate, sequence and duty cycle and one has code.

The software along with the sound card generates CW for meteor scatter at
some 500 to 700 WPM.  Since meteor bursts are very short in the order of 2
to 10 sec, one has to be fast to conduct a legal contact.  Typically the
computer sends a burst of about 1 sec and listens for 1 sec.

Bob, K4TAX