Re: [TenTec] omni 6+ pbt tune

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] omni 6+ pbt tune
From: "Vic Klein" <vhklein@ptd.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 18:06:07 -0400
I have a 585 Paragon and it is exactly the same. You CAN set the PBT to 12
o'clock and keep it there, but shifting it for USB or LSB as you describe
tends to center it audio in the available bandwidth and improve the
frequency response. The effect is more pronounced with tighter filter
settings, such as using the 1.8 KHz on SSB. Similarly, to use the 500Hz
filter setting when running FSK the PBT needs to be at the 11 o'clock
position or the signal will be out of the passband on my radio.

=Vic=
WA4THR

> Well, I have only had three Omni VI's, the Plus and the two Option 3's. In
each and every one of them I found the sound MUCH more > agreeable with the
PBT at 11 o'clock for LSB/CW and at 1 o'clock for USB.  Of course, you can
use a 12:00 o'clock high postion for > all the modes - which is FB for DXing
and contesting, but not so good for extended ragchewing.