Re: [TenTec] TT 6n2 Rig reviews?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT 6n2 Rig reviews?
From: "Mark Erbaugh" <mark@microenh.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 12:24:28 -0400
Duane,

I've owned a 6n2 for a year or so. It's probably an average (or above, I
haven't compared it with anything except the TenTec 2m / 10m transverter and
it is better than that - and I don't really have a good antenna) SSB / CW
performer, but it's not really up to snuff as a FM (repeater) radio.

The most annoying thing is the squelch operation. There are two squelch
modes. In one mode the local repeater clips severely. In the other mode the
clipping is gone, but the squelch tail is very annoying.

The radio lacks an instant reverse mode so that you can monitor the repeater
input.  You can do it, but you have to mess with the A and B VFO's and split
mode.

The radio does not have an automatic repeater offset. It does have a 600 Hz
offset on 2m, but you have to manually select it.

There's no touch tone pad and no tone squelch (neither PL nor the digital
tones). It will generate PL tones for transmit.

73,
Mark