Re: [TenTec] Power supply for Orion? amperage?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Power supply for Orion? amperage?
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 20:18:57 +0000
Hi Sergio. Amperage draw depends on the load.  According to the meters on the
Astron, my Orion draws just under 18 amps at 100 watts into a 50 ohm "dummy
antenna."  It draws a bit more when the SWR goes up, and goes to about 23 amps
into a reactive 25 ohm load with an indicated 5:1 SWR.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E

--
Never squat with your spurs on