Re: [TenTec] transceiver test

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] transceiver test
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 13:31:59 -0500
Now that I can hear great low frequency response with my new Orion, I'm
getting a kick out of the guys running expensive microphones and TX audio
equalization (W2IHY boxes and more).  Some of them have overprocessed the
lows and stipped the highs so badly that they will be all but uncopyable
with anything but perfect band condx.  Kind of reminds me of kids when
they first discover "high fidelity stereo" with the cranked up bass and
the loudness contour switched in . . . :-)

        73,  Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas