Re: [TenTec] Re: Contesting

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re: Contesting
From: "Dave Edwards" <kd2e@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 08:14:24 -0400
Well, you could mount the circuit boards on two strips of 1 X 3, and wrap
some friction tape around the knob shafts instead of those expensive knobs.
Same performance. The amount of 'pretty stuff' required on a radio is each
buyer's own decision.
My 756Pro has a color display. Yes, I could do without a display at all, but
if the rig has a display, you ARE going to look at it. Most televisions sold
these days are color, so I don't think it is unusual to question why a 3300
dollar radio is not.
...Dave