Re: [TenTec] Orion Finished?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Finished?
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 20:10:35 -0500
> No, it would not hurt to try, it would just waste my time as a current
> balun in all likelyhood will not cure a problem that was induced by a
> firmware update.

That's really hard to believe.  Not impossible I suppose, but hard to
believe on it's face ....  unless there's is something extremely unique or
marginal with your specific amp.

My amp still runs just fine full bore on the latest firmware (using the QSK
keying loop), and I haven't seen the throngs all jumping in with "me too"
to amp keying problems with 1.371.

So it seems the logical place to start looking is somewhere OTHER
THAN the latest firmware.  I'd be a little less quick to discount the various
suggestions that have been popping up ... especially the issues of
grounding and loops.

Grant/NQ5T