[TenTec] Orion-Eham review

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion-Eham review
From: "W9GE" <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 02:32:54 -0400
After having our dear friend Scott Robins stop by this AM and comment on the
e-ham reviews, I just had to go add mine to the information out there.

I have not put much stock in the e-ham reviews, for I do not know the
background and experience of most of the folks commenting.  There is a
difference of perception between casual ops and die hard dx hounds; folks for
whom it is the first or second radio or guys like me who have had far to many
to count or contemplate the expenses involved. etc. ad nauseum.   Before my
Orion, my much modified R4C and next in line was my Kenwood TS930's (I had two
of em) were the best receivers I have used for dx chasing.

But, I know that many hams do take the comments to heart when deciding on a
purchase.

If you are the competitive type, it might be better if lots of hams do not buy
an Orion, for they will be less competition without one.  I love the
competition, and the more the merrier as far as I am concerned.

If you like your Orion say so.  If you have problems with it, discuss them here
and with Ten Tec.  This resource is without question the best resource we can
have.  All comments are helpful and reflector users are a vast resource of
knowledge and experience graciously shared.  73 bob de w9ge