Re: [TenTec] N7XCH

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] N7XCH
From: Dennis <dennis68@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:12:08 -0400
Scott,

It's nice to see that Ten-Tec monitors this reflector and other sites such
as eham. While I am new to this reflector as well as the Ten-Tec Yahoo
group, I have owned Te-Tec gear for many years, beginning in 1981 after I
upgraded from a HW-101 Heathkit I had use 3 years prior. I recently had a
question regarding a Delta 580 I recently purchased and thought I would
share with you and others on the reflector here just how pleased I was by
the result of my technical inquiry after calling Ten-Tec. From the
receptionist who answered the call to the technician I spoke with, my call
was handled promptly and in a very courteous manner. The most important part
of the call being my question was answered fast and explained very clearly
and accurately. So I suppose this post is a Kudos to the job the folks are
doing at Ten-Tec in the customer service area. Especially since this radio
is out-of production and the fact that I am not even the original owner. I
know time is money for your techs, and the time to speak with me was
appreciated. I'm sure you know this good business and an investment for the
future, something I appreciate a business doing. That speaks volumes for me
and should for others as well.

As for the reviews on eHam, the reader (prospective buyer) must be objective
about another's opinion. I tend to read the more detailed reviews that
actually lend themselves to someone who actually has experience with the
equipment they are commenting on. In your post regarding the negative review
of the Orion, I think it is not only proper, but I think it is smart
business for you to address the negatives raised. With the software update
radios like the Orion, it's important for us as consumers to see that
Ten-Tec is keeping a pulse of owner's experiences. What we all must remember
is that Ten-Tec is a business, and it's important for Ten-Tec's continued
success to be prudent in addressing those who either provide details of
actually experience, as well as those who may just post an off the cuff
negative statement and not even have a real-world experience with the
product they are commenting on. In the end, I am glad such forums exist that
allow for updates to be made by those who travel down the road before others
do, and pleased to see you following along with the postings.

73
Dennis, NC2F

service@tentec.com