Re: [TenTec] Dial cord on Ten-Tec Vfo

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Dial cord on Ten-Tec Vfo
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 16:33:40 +0000
Not to lose Ten Tec a sale, but  the "bungee cord" is beading cord elastic.
Wal-Mart's StretchRite brand #3961 is cheap and probably available locally in
their fabric department.  It lasts around 7 years for me before I need to
restring the four 238's here - and there's no use saving it for later.

Wally World's stuff lasts about the same length of time whether it's used or
not. While you are at it a little "dry lube" on the pointer rail helps keep
everything nice and smooth.

And by the way, until fiberglass cored braided cord came out in the early
1950's most of us went to the local tackle shop and bought a spool of 50 pound
test braided bait casting line.  It worked as well as the GC glass core dial
cord and was a bunch cheaper.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E

--
Never squat with your spurs on

> If the trouble is that the pointer will not go all the way to the left,
> order the little piece of "bungee cord" from Ten-Tec Service.  You will not
> have to restring the dial cord, just replace that bungee section.
>
> 73, Mike N4NT

It has been years since I've played with dial cord and such,