RE: [TenTec] ARRL Icom 7800 Review Published

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] ARRL Icom 7800 Review Published
From: "John L Merrill" <jmerrill1@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 11:56:03 -0400
What about firmware problems? :-)

John N1JM

-----Original Message-----
From: tentec-bounces@contesting.com
[mailto:tentec-bounces@contesting.com]On Behalf Of Grant Youngman
Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2004 11:45 AM
To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] ARRL Icom 7800 Review Published

For anyone interested,  the ARRL review (to be published in the
August issue) is not posted on the members website.

I haven't had time to read the whole thing yet, but took just a cursory
look at some receiver numbers.  At 20Khz spacing, the 7800 does
have very remarkable numbers.  At 5 Khz, the Orion beats it handily
in all of BDR, two tone 3rd order DR, and IP3.  So I guess if you are
going to be operating in a fairly empty band, the 7800 is the way to
go :-)

Rather than a single review this time -- they did it in several parts.
Basic ARRL type stuff, a separate review for HF Digital, another
review for contesting and yet another review for 6M weak signal DX.

They DO seem to like it ..

Grant/NQ5T