[TenTec] Elmer Question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Elmer Question
From: John Rippey <w3uls@3n.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 08:41:42 -0400
Can someone tell me what their experience has been with the Orion as compared to the OMNI VI (or VI+) in day-to-day operating?

Over the weekend there was a QRP event, and around here there were lots of static crashes on 40 meters. So we had weak signals and lots of QRN. Would anyone say that it would have been easier to make out those QRP signals in those conditions with an Orion?

Obviously the Orion is designed for contesters but what I'm curious about is how it does vis a vis its predecessor in ordinary use.

Thanks for any input.

73,
John, W3ULS