Re: [TenTec] Why is the Jupiter better?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Why is the Jupiter better?
From: "Ben K8DIT" <benk8dit@callatg.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 08:28:00 -0700
.....is like asking where would you like to live, Miami or Seattle? There
are plenty of clear differences, yet, similar enough to consider both. The
auto antenna tuner choice is like owning an umbrella. Some dont own one no
matter where they live. Some use antenna matching devices and some use the
auto tuner and build their antenna systems according to what the tuner can
handle.

This is a little backwards but hams choose what makes them happy and all is
right with the world. If I said Ten Tec has superior receivers, only Ten Tec
fans would agree. If I pointed out that Ten Tec's rigs are all half empty
boxes, only Ten Tec fans would reply that they are half full.

In conclusion, I live near Seattle, dont own an umbrella and think the Omni
VI and the Jupiter are superior rigs. So if you live in Miami and own
several umbrellas, have fun  and good luck.