Re: [TenTec] Omni V Problem: 40 and 30 Meters went Dead

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni V Problem: 40 and 30 Meters went Dead
From: "M. P. Haynes" <k4beh@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 14:11:25 -0400
Hi John,

I would first look at the Low Pass Filter board.  It sounds like one of
the relays (input or output) is not making good contact.  Also check to
see that the voltage that pulls the relays in is there for the bands in
question.  I would expect it to come from the microprocessor board but I
don't have an OMNI so I can't say for sure.  I think the OMNI series has
band select buttons on the front panel.  You should be able to hear a
faint click when the relays pull in.  See if the 40 meter band has a
different sound (or no sound) when you press the button to change bands.
Call Garry Green at Ten-Tec.  He could help you I'm sure..

73,

Pat Haynes-K4BEH