Re: [TenTec] Orion Losing RX Audio

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Losing RX Audio
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 21:19:54 -0500
I use an Alpha 99 via keying loop 1, but I use the KEY input on the rear
(y-adapter for the Logikey on one side and the parallel port circuit on
the other side).  Have only run about 30 minutes of fairly heavy DX
chasing (calling S9SS this afternoon), and no problem yet.  Granted, I
haven't given it a lot of chance to fail, but maybe using the key input
makes a difference? (This is similar to a problem reported earlier, if I
remember right, but I don't recall it being linked to the SubRX going
"into oscillation" - doesn't the SubRX S-meter go to 3/4 scale or so?)

        73,  Duane