Re: [TenTec] Orion Losing RX Audio

To: "A. Sewell" <n5na@att.net>, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Losing RX Audio
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 15:14:56 +0000
Hmmm - this could be why I have NOT been plagued with my Orion losing audio.
Mine is setup to key with either the computer or with an MFJ 493 keyer to the
accessory cable. When I set the Orion up I used keys with plugs that fit, so
the Begali is connected to the MFJ, the Brass Racer to the Orion. And I am not
enamoured of the Vibroplex'   feel so I generally twist the knob on the keyer
and grab the B.
I only use the second paddles and the internal keyer on the rare occasions when
I run across someone sending QLF - and I haven't had that thrill during a
'test.
73  Pete Allen  AC5E