RE: [TenTec] Re: An example ofchanging Orionfirmwaretomeetexpectations

To: eric@k3na.org, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Re: An example ofchanging Orionfirmwaretomeetexpectations
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 09:52:04 -0500
>    Actually, this is NOT such a good approach.
>
>    From an ergonomics viewpoint, the press of the A>B button is an
>    example of an unrecoverable, destructive action.  The frequency
> of the B-VFO is wiped out: the "destructive" part.  Once the B-VFO
> frequency has been overwritten, it can not be recovered.

Well, yes ... I though that was the point of A>B.  Am I missing something?

I'd say the difference between a "press" and a "press and hold" ought to
be pretty easy to get one's arms around.  And in any case are you goibng
to lose the contest in the unlikely event that you actually hold the button
down for a full second when you only meant to tap it?  You're more likely
to spill that fresh cup of coffee all over the laptop sitting on the desk :-)

Grant/NQ5T