Re: [TenTec] The '7800 review

To: tentec@contesting.com, <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] The '7800 review
From: w8au@sssnet.com
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 13:06:32 -0400
At 09:33 PM 07/15/2004, al_lorona@agilent.com wrote:

I just saw the Icom 7800 review for the first time.

Without ragging on the reviewers, because I'm sure they are all good
guys, this review tells me very, very little about the electronic
performance of the radio. It is disappointing.

Thanks for your critique..... I read the review last evening, and was just astounded at the lack of REAL information (in the commentary).

However, if one looks closely at the test results and the "not specified"
Icom parameters, plus the shortened first dit and fast rise/fall CW waveshape,
they get a chance to make up their own mind about it.

It's interesting that one reviewer ended his commentary, with words
to the effect that, "but I still have not tried the TenTec Orion yet....etc"

Nice to see that.... but I agree completely with your critique...

Perry w8au