[TenTec] Orion loss of audio

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion loss of audio
From: "Mark Erbaugh" <mark@microenh.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 09:32:25 -0400
A while back, there was discussion on the reflector about complete loss of
Orion receive audio.  Was this ever resolved?

I have found a repeatable way to lose and recover the main receiver audio.
The behaviour indicates it may be a glitch in the firmware.

I was listening to 40m CW on the main receiver connected to VFO A.  By
pushing down and holding the A->B button for a second or two I can get the
audio to go completely away (I am also monitoring the audio on the Left
output on the rear AUX I/O via my computer and that goes away also). By
pushing the A->B button I can get the audio to come back.  I'm running
firmware version 1.371.

73,
Mark, N8ME