Re: [TenTec] Basic question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Basic question
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 23:41:48 -0500
Gary,
        The big difference in these newer DSP rigs is that they run IF
DSP, so just as when you use IF notch to take an interfering signal out,
and the AGC is no longer affected by it, this does the same for many
different types of noise.  Not all, but many.  I'm in a very noisy
neighborhood, and it helps quite a bit.  What makes it even nicer is if
you have at least 2 antennas, you can run the rig in "diversity" mode
with two receivers on 2 antennas.  Two of the local guys here with Orions
do this consistently, one for 160m, and the other because he is also in a
very noisy neighborhood.  The 850 is a great little radio, but I don't
have one here, so can't give you A/B information.  Hopefully someone else
on the list will be able to do that for you.

        73,  Duane