RE: [TenTec] Basic question - Long

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Basic question - Long
From: William Mahaffey <w6eet@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 16:12:04 -0700
hmmm... the one I use in the shack cost under 1k.

bill w6eet

well, until I upped the memory to 640mb..

wait, didn't gates once say that nobody would
ever need more than 640k of memory?
Now there is an individual with forsight!

sorry..I'll stop now.

> the only thing about macs is that it crashes your wallet
:-).

Weber
> Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2004 6:39 PM
> To: tentec@contesting.com
> Subject: Re: [TenTec] Basic question - Long
>

> >Unfortunately your reference to computer software is
seriously scary,
> >especially if you look at the time it has taken Mr. Gates
to get his
> Windows
> >op system to really work without crashing. It sends
shivers down my
> back to
> think this can be the same long-term problem with SDR's.
>
> lurk mode: OFF
>
> I have quietly read this list for years and rarely post,
but I can't
> pass this one up.
>
> Windows?  WINDOWS? We don' need no steenking Windows!
>
> I use a windows machine at work because I HAVE to.
> I fly a Macintosh at home because I WANT to.  My
Powerbooks have been
> running OS-X for over three years and have NEVER frozen or
crashed.
> Not once.  Programs will crash now and then (generally
microsoft
> products,) but I have NEVER had to force restart a Mac
running OS-X.
> Never.
>
> Most ham software runs very nicely via Virtual PC (a slick
emulation
> program that simulates a pentium and runs a legal copy of
Windows
> whatever simultaneously with the Mac OS).  I am waiting
for the day
> that the software folks dump the com ports and move into
the current
> century with firewire and USB 2.
>
> 73 de KD9BO Steve
>
> lurk mode: ON
>

> --
>
> No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However
> a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

> Hey spammers - Harvesting email addresses? Don't overlook
these guys!