[TenTec] 100 w. mobile rig

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] 100 w. mobile rig
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 16:23:42 +0000
It seems to me that if a serious mobile HF operation is to be undertaken, you would either want a minimum of around 200 watts which the new Kenwood provides, or a lower exciter type level to drive a solid state linear amp to around 400 watts. With band noise, bad conditions, and the difficulty of having anything near a decent antenna on a motor vehicle, you have to run some power to give yourselves a chance, or, operate 6 and 10, and wait for a really good band opening.
I'd vote for a ten tec 50 watt rig and a ten tec 400 watt amp. Then you have all the possibilities available.

Rob/K5UJ