Re: [TenTec] Re: Orion qsk

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re: Orion qsk
From: "Bob Henderson" <bob@cytanet.com.cy>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 02:29:14 -0000
I'm with you Duane.

In a pile up QSK is invaluable.  I use QSK 100% of the time when I'm not
contesting.  I used to use it during contests too but use of SO2R provides
greater return and is incompatible.

I find the current QSK capability of the Orion to be excellent as I never
send above 50 wpm these days.  I do all of my DXing and rag chewing using a
paddle as I don't get any feeling of satisfaction from using a keyboard.
However for contesting I mostly use the keyboard because SO2R would be
impossible without it.

If Ten Tec radios didn't QSK I wouldn't buy them!

73  Bob, 5B4AGN, P3F