[TenTec] RE:Roofing Filter "Cut In"

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] RE:Roofing Filter "Cut In"
From: "Chuck Rippel" <WA4HHG@R390A.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 14:25:07 -0400
If you have the filter menu set up so that roofing filter selection is
"Automatic," The 2.4 or 1.5 kc filters do not come into play when "normal" SSB
DSP derived bandwidths are selected.  The 6.0kc roofing filter is engaged for
bandwidths above 1.990 kc.  The 2.4 does not switch in until a DSP filter below
approx 1.990 kc is selected.

The front panel display shows the roofing filter range v/s the DSP filter.  If
in "Automatic," you will see a line on the display which is located directly
above the representation of the DSP filter,  that line represents the bandwidth
of the roofing filter in use.

Sometimes, I prefer to manually select the 2.4kc roofing filter for use for SSB
bandwidths between 2.4 and 1.990 kc.  That provides a more narrow noise
bandwidth than the auto selected 6.0kc

Chuck
WA4HHG