Re: [TenTec] Ringing in Filters at High Speed CW

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ringing in Filters at High Speed CW
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 08:35:39 -0500
On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 06:13:08 -0400, Tommy wrote:

>Hmmmm...ringing?

I live in the city of Chicago, and have lots of broadband noise. That noise
generates lots of ringing in sharp filters, but all the ringing I hear is
excited by that noise hitting those steep filter slopes -- stuff like computer
hash, power line noise, and plain ordinary QRN (static generated by
lightning).

I don't find that SIGNALS cause enough ringing to be a problem. Of
course, I don't work above 30 wpm nowadays. :)

Jim Brown  K9YC