Re: [TenTec] ORION QRQ Performance

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ORION QRQ Performance
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:17:37 -0400
Your correct Barry.

YPlog, which runs under Windows, generates code via the sound card,
purposely done so to bypass the timing issues with I/O ports. I have run
YPlog in normal conversations at speeds over 100 wpm, with no timing issues.
However, to be extra sure, when testing my two Orion at speeds in excess of
40 wpm, I use both YPlog and a DGM keyboard and get duplicate results. One
must make sure their 'test equipment' is correct, before they turn to the
device under test.

To further verify that my CW 'test equipment' functions correct, I remove
the key line from my Orion's and plug it into my Omni 6, The Orion's do not
reproduce the input waveform at speeds much over 42 wpm, the Omni 6
faithfully reproduces the input keying waveform until you reach a speed of
about 68 wpm.

Tom - W4BQF