Re: TT RE: [TenTec] ORION QRQ Performance

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: TT RE: [TenTec] ORION QRQ Performance
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 06:44:50 -0400

> To further verify that my CW 'test
> equipment' functions correct, I remove
> the key line from my Orion's and plug it
> into my Omni 6, The Orion's do not
> reproduce the input waveform at speeds
> much over 42 wpm, the Omni 6
> faithfully reproduces the input keying
> waveform until you reach a speed of
> about 68 wpm.
>
> Tom - W4BQF

Just as I thought I was beginning to understand this thread, I've been
thrown back into a quandary.

What is the flaw in my understanding here:

1. The Orion can't send CW over 42 wpm.
The Orion can send CW over 42 wpm, but it starts changing character timing
about 42 wpm and gets worse as you increase above 42 wpm.

2. The Omni 6 can't send CW over 68 wpm.
Don't try to make 68 wpm a hard and fast rule...MY Omni 6 will not send
copyable CW above 68 wpm...others are +/-  (I only get to operate mine, not
yours!!)

3. Some other unnamed rig can send at speeds over 100 wpm.
The Corsair 2 and the IC-781 will run full QSK at CW speeds over 100wpm.
Others may, but  I don't  test them, I use them if they are on my desk.

I am a user, not a test department!

Tom - W4BQF

Do I have it right, Tom?

Al W6LX